We provide the StoriBoard Platform which allows you to create, view, interact with, and share content, and interact with others to advance our mission: To encourage the sharing of life experiences for a better world.
We offer different types of accounts and features to help you share and communicate with people on and off the StoriBoard Platform. If you have a video published on the StoriBoard Platform, as a Featured Talk (see below), then you will have a StoriTeller account. We personalise your experience on the StoriBoard Platform by showing content based on experiences that matter to you
We work hard to ensure that the StoriBoard Platform is a positive, inclusive and safe environment. As such, we do not automatically publish all videos (known as Featured Talks) submitted to the StoriBoard Platform. We assess all submitted videos to see if they are suitable to be published as a Featured Talk in accordance with these Terms and our Community Guidelines. We use a mix of technology (including automated technology), human moderation, and reports from our users to identify infringements of and to enforce these Terms and our Community Guidelines to protect all of our users. We may share information about misuse or harmful content with any applicable legal authorities.
We do not charge users a fee to use most of the features of the StoriBoard Platform. However, we charge users for some features of the StoriBoard Platform, for example if you buy virtual tokens (refer to our Tokens Policy). This feature is optional and the costs are made clear before you are charged.
To operate the StoriBoard Platform we must collect, store, use and transfer your information and data across our systems around the world, including outside of your country of residence. Our Data Policy explains how we collect, use and share information and how you may control your information in your account settings.
You must create an account with us to use the StoriBoard Platform. We offer different types of accounts and more information is provided when you log in to your account. When you create an account to use the StoriBoard Platform you must provide accurate and up-to-date personal information. You agree to update your details if they change.
It is important that you take reasonable steps to keep your account password confidential and that you do not disclose it to any third party. Please contact us if you know or suspect that any third party knows your password or has accessed your account.
We want the StoriBoard Platform to be safe, secure and in accordance with the law. You must meet the following requirements to use the StoriBoard Platform:
- you must be at least 13 years old;
- you must not be prohibited from accessing the StoriBoard Platform under applicable laws;
- we must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies (including but not limited to these Terms and our Community Guidelines); and
- you must not be a convicted sex offender.
What you can do on the platform
You can use the platform to:
- create and share content;
- interact with other users;
- view content created by other users; and
- use the features and functionality on the StoriBoard Platform as provided to you from time to time.
The permission we give to you:
- is limited to what we have said we will allow in these Terms;
- is only for you;
- cannot be given by anyone else to you; and
- can be withdrawn for reasons set out in these Terms.
We have explained above that we do not automatically publish all videos (known as Featured Talks) submitted to the StoriBoard Platform. We assess all submitted videos to see if they are suitable to be published as a Featured Talk in accordance with these Terms and our Community Guidelines. Our Community Guidelines provide further information on the type of content that is suitable for a Featured Talk.
If you post content on the StoriBoard Platform about a brand or a product in return for any payment or other incentive, you must use appropriate disclosures to ensure that any posts that are sponsored are clear.
Any content that you create, or share must be in accordance with our Community Guidelines. We actively monitor content on the StoriBoard Platform to ensure that it complies with our Community Guidelines. We may disallow or remove content that does not comply with our Community Guidelines. If we take such a decision, we will try to give you a reason why any content is being disallowed or removed but it will not always be possible.
What you cannot do on the StoriBoard Platform
Our Community Guidelines apply to everyone and to all content on the StoriBoard Platform. If you want to use the StoriBoard Platform you must not breach our Community Guidelines.
We may remove or restrict access to any content, including your content, if we believe that it is:
- in breach of these Terms;
- in breach of our Community Guidelines; or
- it causes harm to us, other users or any third parties.
The StoriBoard Platform must not be used:
- to do anything illegal;
- to do anything that violates applicable anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing, export controls and economic sanctions laws or regulations;
- to negatively impact the enjoyment of the StoriBoard Platform by other users;
- to interact with minors in an exploitative or inappropriate way;
- to undermine the StoriBoard Platform’s operations or security;
- to extract any data or content from the StoriBoard Platform using any automated system or software; or
- to use or attempt to use another user’s account without that user’s express permission.
You must not upload, post or otherwise distribute any content on the StoriBoard Platform which:
- infringes anyone else’s rights;
- constitutes, encourages or provides instructions for a criminal offence, or dangerous activities which may lead to injury, self-harm or death;
- spreads harmful misinformation such as misinformation that incites hate or prejudice;
- contains a threat of any kind or which intimidates or harasses others, including posting material which is intended to mock, humiliate, embarrass or hurt another individual whether or not that individual has an account on the StoriBoard Platform;
- is obscene or pornographic, hateful or inflammatory or which promotes sexually explicit material;
- contains or promotes violence or discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, caste, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, health issues, disability, immigration status or age;
- or otherwise contains harmful content.
Any content that you post about a brand or a product in return for any payment or other incentive (in addition to containing the appropriate disclosure mentioned above) must not:
- use surreptitious or subliminal messaging techniques;
- prejudice respect for human dignity;
- include or promote any form of discrimination;
- encourage behaviour prejudicial to health or safety;
- cause physical, mental or moral detriment to minors;
- directly encourage minors to buy or hire a product or service; or
- exploit the special trust that minors place in parents, teachers or other persons.
You can report suspected illegal content or content which breaches our Community Guidelines directly on the StoriBoard Platform or by contacting us.
We respect copyright and other intellectual property rights. You can report suspected infringement of intellectual property rights by contacting us.
What happens to your content on the StoriBoard Platform
You are fully responsible for any content that you make available on the StoriBoard Platform and you should have all rights needed to create, post or share such content.
You may remove your content from the StoriBoard Platform at any time. If other users have shared your content to third parties, then that content may remain with third parties even if you subsequently delete your content on the StoriBoard Platform.
You can restrict how other users interact with and use your content in your account settings.
Ownership of content, permissions and grant of licences
If you are the owner of the intellectual property rights in the content that you make available on the StoriBoard Platform, then nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to own your content.
So that we can provide the StoriBoard Platform, we require you to give us certain legal permissions (known as a licence) to use this content. By creating, uploading, posting or otherwise sharing content on the StoriBoard Platform, you grant us a:
- non-exclusive (you can licence your content to others too);
- royalty-free (we do not pay you for this licence);
- transferable (we can give these rights to someone else);
- sub-licensable (we can licence your content to other people); and
- worldwide (so that this licence applies anywhere in the world),
licence to use your content including to reproduce, adapt or make derivative works (for example to add captions, translate or transcribe) perform and communicate your content to the public for the purposes of operating, developing and providing the StoriBoard Platform.
You also grant the same licence to each other user of the StoriBoard Platform using the features and functions of the StoriBoard Platform subject to your account settings.
This licence will end when you close your account or when content is deleted from our StoriBoard Platform in accordance with these Terms. However, the licence that you have granted will continue after you have removed your content to the extent that:
- you have allowed other users of the StoriBoard Platform to use or reuse your content (for example, by sharing to third parties); or
- we are obliged to store or process your content for legal reasons.
Our promise to you and applicable limitations
We promise to provide the StoriBoard Platform to you with reasonable care and skill and to act with professional diligence for so long as we choose to offer the StoriBoard Platform. We do not promise to offer the StoriBoard Platform forever or in its current form for any period of time.
We also take all reasonable steps to keep the StoriBoard Platform safe and secure in accordance with these Terms.
Provided that we have acted with professional diligence, we do not accept responsibility for loss or damage caused by us unless it is caused by our breach of these Terms or reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms.
We do not take responsibility for loss or damage if it is caused by events beyond our reasonable control.
We do not exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. Nothing in these Terms affects any statutory rights that you cannot contractually agree to alter or give up.
Most of the content on the StoriBoard Platform is user generated content or provided by other third parties. We are not the creator of most of the content on the StoriBoard Platform and (subject to apply applicable laws or regulations) we cannot and do not promise that any content provided by users:
- is accurate, complete or up to date;
- does not infringe third party rights;
- is legal; or
- will not offend you.
The content that you see on the StoriBoard Platform does not represent our views or values.
StoriBoard does not in any way provide any kind of medical services, emergency care or psychological advice. If you experience any kind of medical situation, crisis or in case you feel suicidal please call the emergency services in the country where you are based.
The Group functionality on the StoriBoard Platform enables users facing similar life experiences to share their stories and experiences, while being moderated by StoriBoard and possibly led by a StoriBoard StoriTeller. Even if such StoriTeller is a medical professional, psychologist or other relevant professional, that StoriTeller is expressing a general view and not providing specific medical advice, psychological assistance or individual therapy.
To help our users, the StoriBoard Platform shares videos known as Expert Voices. The facts and information contained in these videos are not verified by StoriBoard. The views expressed in these videos are the views of that particular expert unless stated otherwise.
The StoriBoard Platform may contain links to third party websites, services, offers or other events or activities that are not provided, owned or controlled by StoriBoard. We do not endorse such third-party websites, services, offers or other events or activities.
Ending our relationship
You may end your relationship with us by closing your account and ending your use of the StoriBoard Platform. Depending on your account settings, some of your content may still be available on the StoriBoard Platform after you delete your account.
In the event of any suspected breach by you of these Terms or our Community Guidelines, we may investigate. While we do so, we may take down some or all of your content and we may suspend your access to some or all of the features of the StoriBoard Platform.
Depending on the outcome of our investigation, we might determine to temporarily or permanently suspend or terminate your account or impose limits on or restrict your access to features of the StoriBoard Platform.
Where we take such action, we will let you know in advance, unless it is not appropriate for us to do so or we reasonably believe that continued access to your account will cause damage to us, our users, other third parties or where we are legally prevented from doing so.
If you think that we have made a mistake in suspending or terminating your account, you can contact us and we will review our decision.
If we suspend or terminate your account or you delete your account, you will lose access to the StoriBoard Platform and all content thereon.
Changes to these terms or the StoriBoard Platform
We may make changes to these Terms or to the StoriBoard Platform from time to time. We will give you reasonable advance notice of any significant changes and the date that they will come into force.
Where we need to make urgent changes for security, safety, legal or regulatory requirements, we may not be able to provide you with advance notice, but we will let you know as soon as practicable.
Once any updated Terms are in effect you will be bound by them if you continue to use the StoriBoard Platform. If you do not agree to the changes to the Terms or the StoriBoard Platform, you will have to stop using the StoriBoard Platform.
We may need to change the username of your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law and England and Wales.
You agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter.
If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, then the unenforceable portion will be deemed amended to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. If any such term cannot be made enforceable, then it will be severed and the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver and either of us can still enforce it later.
These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise. If the ownership or control of all or part of the StoriBoard Platform changes, this could result in a transfer of your information to the new owner.
You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.